The Directory - Things to do, places to
go and people to talk to in Hartlepool
To find out if your child is entitled to free school meals, speak to your child’s school or ring 01429 284188 or email
Contact your GP surgery who will advise you who your Health Visitor/Midwife or School Nurse is.  Alternatively, contact your local Sure Start Children's Centre.
Visit, ring 0300 123 4666 or email
Ofsted investigate complaints for both registered and unregistered providers. Visit, ring 0300 123 4666 or email
Registration is recorded in the district where the birth occurred. Please contact Hartlepool Register Office on 01429 523337.
The term ‘special educational needs’ has a legal definition.  Children with special educational needs all have learning difficulties or disabilities that make it harder for them to learn than most children of the same age.  They may need extra or different help from that given…
If your concerns are about a young child you can always seek advice from your Health Visitor.  If you no longer see your Health Visitor on a regular basis please contact Children's Hub on 01429 284284.
If you are still at school or attending college speak to your learning provider alternatively you can contact the careers helpline for young people on 0800 100 900.
You can get support from your local Sure Start Children's Centre.  They can offer support both antenatal and postnatal, they offer advice around benefits, housing, relationships and contraception.
Contact the Community midwives on 01429 522279, Alternatively contact your local Sure Start Children’s Centre.