The Directory - Things to do, places to
go and people to talk to in Hartlepool
Contact the Community midwives on 01429 522279, Alternatively contact your local Sure Start Children’s Centre.
Contact your GP surgery who will advise you who your Health Visitor/Midwife or School Nurse is.  Alternatively, contact your local Sure Start Children's Centre.
You can get support from your local Sure Start Children's Centre.  They can offer support both antenatal and postnatal, they offer advice around benefits, housing, relationships and contraception.
If you telephone the Child Benefit helpline on 0845 3021444, they will tell you how you can claim Child Benefit or visit
The Department for Work and Pensions benefit enquiry helpline number is 0800 882200 (textphone 0800 243355) and provides general advice and information.  Lines are open between 8.30am and 6.40pm Monday to Friday and between 9.00am and 1.00pm on Saturdays.
Working Tax Credit tops up the earnings of working people (employed or self-employed) on low incomes, including those who do not have children. There is also additional financial help with costs for qualifying childcare. For further information you can telephone 0345 300 3900 or go…
You can get help with any housing issues or queries by contacting the Housing Advice Team based in Park Towers, in Park Road by either dropping in or contacting them on 01429 284038 or  Alternatively call in to your local Sure Start Children's Centre…
Job Centre Plus can be contacted either by telephone on 0845 600 2808 or via their website
Hartlepool Borough Council has a school admissions procedure, contact the School Admissions Team for further details on 01429 523768.
School catchment areas can change from time to time. For the most up-to-date information please contact the School Admissions Team on 01429 523768.