Comments, Complaints & Compliments Procedures


There may be times when you are not happy about the services you receive from the local authority, education or health sector.

To assist you in identifying the right organisation to contact, this page will provide you with relevant information and links.

Three Main Categories

Local Authority


Children's Social Care

Adults Social Care

Education Providers

Hartlepool schools will have their own individual policy for dealing with complaints in relation to issues you may have with school.

For more information click here


Includes: NHS Services, Local Healthwatch, Patient Advice and Liaison Services and Hartlepool and Stockton Clinical Commissioning Group.

The NHS Complaints Procedure

Other Providers of Support

Independent Parental Special Educational Needs Advice - IPSEA

For parents who wish to appeal against the decision about their child in relation to Education, Health and Care Plan Statutory Assessment, this is supported via an independent body named IPSEA.  To obtain more information you can visit their website, if you wish to receive general advice or tribunal help you can call: 01799 582 030 to book an appointment, alternatively you can email IPSEA:

Hartlepool Information, Advice and Support Service

Hartlepool Information, Advice and Support Services can provide you with confidential and impartial support in relation to your child with regards to Special Educational Needs and Disability.

To find out more about the service and what we offer visit our website: or contact Tracy Liveras on: 01429 284876 or email:

If you have trouble accessing any of the school links, please contact the Children's Hub on: 01429 284284.