The Directory - Things to do, places to
go and people to talk to in Hartlepool

Local Authority and Social Care

Hartlepool Borough Council aims to provide high quality services that meet the needs of local people. We want to make our services as efficient and effective as possible. To do this we need to know whether we're getting it right and how we can improve services for you.

  • If you are not satisfied with a service, tell us why not and what we can do to improve things.
  • If we are doing things really well, we'd like to hear about that too.
  • And we'd be interested to hear any suggestions you have for making Hartlepool Borough Council services even better.

We promise to listen carefully to what you have to say and respond promptly to your comments and complaints. Any information you provide will be treated confidentially. We aim to deal with any complaints impartially, objectively and professionally. Making a complaint will not affect the treatment or services that you or your family receive.

We will make every effort to resolve a complaint to the customer's satisfaction but if we are not able to do this, the customer can ask the Local Government Ombudsman to investigate their case.

If you wish to submit a complaint, comment or compliment to the Council you can do this via the on-line form below, or by calling the Council, on 01429 266522.

Children’s Social Care

You can contact Children's Social Care by letter, telephone, textphone, or e-mail. If you want to speak to someone in person, call in to Reception at the Civic Centre and ask to see a Duty social worker. If English is not your first language, we can provide a translation service.

You can also use these contact details if you need to speak to someone about Adult Social Care.


 01429 284284



 01429 284130



Write or call in to:

Child and Adult Services
Hartlepool Borough Council
Civic Centre
Victoria Road
TS24 8AY


 Our opening hours

  • We open at 8.30 am every weekday
  • We close at 5 pm Mondays to Thursdays
  • On Fridays, we close at 4.30 pm

Help when we are closed

If you need help when our offices are closed, you can contact the Emergency Duty Team. Their telephone numbers are:

Telephone: 08702 402994                                                

Textphone: 01642 602346 

Pages in Children's Social Care: Get in touch

  1. Our contact details » You are here

Making a complaint or giving a compliment

The new Corporate Complaints, Comments and Compliments Procedure was agreed by Finance and Policy Committee in October 2013.  The agreed procedure has been upload on to the Council website.  Click here to view the new procedure.


Featured Images